Monday 26 May 2014

Project Intro

Hello,
I'm Yadira!

I'm going to be exploring the art of crocheting as there are a lot of beneficial advantages to crocheting, in terms of making gifts for others, saving money, therapy, or just having fun making items for yourself.

I will be making different iterations of a crocheted headband mainly because I've never tried doing anything crafty and I've always wanted to learn how to crochet, but never found the time to. I also thought it would be helpful in learning new ways to save money and making things for myself. I see this being a long-term project where I would make different things not only for myself but perhaps, investing in a long-term business with my new skill. All in all, I will most definitely be going out of my comfort zone with this project.

My process will begin in researching different crocheting methods, other materials that may be used, the history of crocheting, blogs, DIY videos, cultural differences and special techniques that people use to crochet. I will also try playing with different designs of crocheted headbands that people use when crocheting.

Hopefully, I'm able to successfully complete a crocheted hairband in a small amount of time and explore with even more items in the near future.

Here are some of examples of previously made headbands using the crochet method:

1 comment:

  1. This is a great ideas and start. I like to use headband because my hair is really long. I am glade to see your introduction and the processes you are going through.

    ReplyDelete